help-guix

Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism

From: jbranso
Subject: Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 15:43:21 +0000

November 14, 2022 6:09 PM, "Tobias Geerinckx-Rice" <me@tobias.gr> wrote:

> Joshua Branson 写道:
>
>> really really lazy (insecure) way via ~/.authinfo.
>
> I'll keep this tangent short:
>
> ~ λ file .authinfo.gpg
> .authinfo.gpg: data
>
> (There is no step 2.)

hahaha!  what up friend?  My problem with that method
(and yes I was once stupid enough to pull this off), was that I had
created such a file with my gpg key, and then lost that key.  All my
passwords gone.  :(  Sad day.

I'll tell you what, I'll go ahead and try to use a .authinfo.gpg again
and try password based encryption.  Can't hurt as long as I remember the
password
somewhere.

Joshua