help-guix

Re: How do I install a file with custom permissions?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: How do I install a file with custom permissions?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 20:34:21 +0100

Hi Timo,

Files in the store are always world-readable and there's nothing you can do to
change that. There has been discussions in the past about how to handle secrets
in the store, but no solution so far.

One thing you can do, if wireguard allows it, is to have the pre-shared key in
a separate file out of the store and simply point the config to that file
(instead of using a file-like object). This is how we handle other secrets so
far.