help-guix

Re: Kicad missing symbols and footprints

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Kicad missing symbols and footprints
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:14:35 +0000

Hi Peter and Guillaume,

thanks for the help.

I've tried to use the Guix shell to have a complete environment for Kicad but
for some reason it does not work (at least for me)

So here are the steps to reproduce:

$ guix shell kicad kicad-footprints kicad-symbols -- kicad

I start I new project and when I get the dialog about the components I wish to
use in the project it all starts to go wrong.

The path to the symbols and footprints is also attached.

I've removed all files from `~/.config/kicad` and `~/.local/share/kicad`.

----
Petr