help-guix

Encrypted Images?

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: Encrypted Images?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:53:14 -0900

Hi, I've recently starting learning how to use `guix system image', and have
learned enough to create one raw image which I was able to copy onto a hard
drive on another computer.

I am wondering if it is possible to use `guix system image' to create an image
that is luks encrypted, with the other file systems and OS installed on that.
If not, can I setup an luks-encrypted image manually and then have guix system
install to that somehow, without having to boot up into an installer disc and
run through all the installation steps?

I see documentation in the manual for the luks target, of course, but I am
unclear on how that ties into guix system image and how much guix system is
able to do on its own.

--
馃摏 Christopher Howard
馃殌 gemini://gem.librehacker.com