help-guix

Re: Guix as a non-optional dependency in another project, and Guix resou

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: Guix as a non-optional dependency in another project, and Guix resources requirements.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 01:16:28 +0100

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:35:25 +0100
Adrien 'neox' Bourmault <neox@gnu.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I did not see earlier this was a question Denis asked. I
> measured that recently and did not have the time to tell him. Thanks
> for your answer.
Thanks a lot for the test.

The issue here is also that a given measure is very important as it
gives some indication, but I'm also not sure that 2GiB is enough with
all the situations. For instance a user with a browser and tons of open
tabs may need more RAM for Guix.

This is also why my initial plan was to ask many people to test, but I
then figured out that it was probably best to ask Guix users and
contributors first as they might already a precise enough value
that we could use, or have insight on if what I am trying to do is a
good idea or design.

Denis.