help-guix

'static-networking' fails to start

From: Fabio Natali
Subject: 'static-networking' fails to start
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:21:31 +0000

(I've been trying to post this as a follow-up to 64653@debbugs.gnu.org
but my email gets rejected as the issue is archived. I wasn't able to
un-archive the issue, apparently, so I'm now sending this
here. Apologies if you receive it twice.)

Hi,

I've been trying to reconfigure a machine from static IPv4 to static
dual-stack or IPv6-only. I followed one⁰ of the examples in the manual,
so I'd think I got the syntax right.

Once the reconfiguration has taken place and when restarting the
networking service, I get this error:

,----
| herd: error: exception caught while executing 'start' on service 'networking':
| Throw to key `%exception' with args `("#<&netlink-response-error errno:
17>")'.
`----

It'd seem to be relevant to bug report 64653¹?

Do you know what this might be related to and what I can do to solve it?

This happens on an up-to-date Guix system.

Thanks, best wishes, Fabio.

⁰
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Networking-Setup.html#index-static_002dnetworking
¹ https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64653