help-gv

show PDF documents with replaced original fonts

From: serando
Subject: show PDF documents with replaced original fonts
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 20:46:24 +0200

Hello,

First:
I do not want to use such modern technique like Anti-Aliasing. I think Anti-Aliasing is good for 4K monitors. But I have a 1280x1024 pixel LCD monitor. I know that most people use Anti-Aliasing on a 1280x1024 LCD monitor. But I do not like it. I would rather have a crystal-clear writing with stairs than a light blurred font without steps.

Second:
The problem is, that most modern fonts are anti-aliasing optimized and look terrible if you turn off anti-aliasing.

So to get a good looking anti-aliasing free font, it is not enough to disable anti-aliasing. You also have to replace fonts.

What I am looking for is the following:
I would like to have a pdf viewer that not only shows my PDF, but also at the same time when I open it, it should replace the original fonts through fonts, that are good looking without anti-aliasing.

Through which fonts should the PDF-viewer replace the planned fonts?
Answer: This should be fonts from a list or from a particular folder. I would like to provide a list, with good looking fonts and from this list the pdf- viewer should take the fonts for replacing.

But with which font of this list should the PDF-viewer replace the planned fonts? Answer: It should be the fonts from the list that are metrically the most similar to the planned original fonts.

Is there a way to get this with "gv" ?

Would appreciate some help. Thank you.