help-hurd

Re: RE: install hurd on Dell Precision 7510 with nvidia quadro graphique

From: Almudena Garcia
Subject: Re: RE: install hurd on Dell Precision 7510 with nvidia quadro graphique card for X
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:33:56 +0100

Hi:

That PC could be a good candidate to install Debian GNU/Hurd. But, if the PC is a desktop, you need a PS/2 mouse and keyboard.
Added to this, even in laptop, you must to install from CD or DVD, and connect the PC via cable.

 I recommend to use this CD image. I usually install it from "pseudographical installer"

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/latest/hurd-i386/current/debian-sid-hurd-i386-NETINST-1.iso

The SATA support doesn't works fine from the installer, so I recommend to configure the harddisk in "compatibility" mode, to emulate a IDE device.

Try it and report us the results

Thanks for the interest