Re: [Help-librejs] using librejs with conkeror

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] using librejs with conkeror
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:08:12 +0100

> I typically use Firemacs with IceCat or Firefox/Abrowser, and I haven't
> tried Conkeror although it's been on my list for a while. LibreJS uses
> the nsIDOMParser.parseFromString() for contents of type text/html (and
> application/xhtml.) This has only been possible with Firefox since
> version 12.0 and SeaMonkey version 2.9. Unless Conkeror implements this
> change, it won't work. That's one possible reason off the top of my
> head, but I can't say for sure.

I didn't dig into it enough. Conkeror won't read from the system or home
mozilla directories. Instead, it has at least its own
~/.conkeror.mozilla.org directory where extensions are stored. I put the
extension there and Conkeror found it...

> The fact it says that it is not compatible with Firefox 14 strikes is
> weird. I tested the latest version of LibreJS with Firefox 12 and up and
> they all work fine. But wait, there's something else: by default, the
> addon sdk will set the minVersion around 2 versions before the current
> one.

...but now Conkeror also says that it's not compatible also.

First: I realized that Firefox really was still at version 14, since
that was the last version I installed before I migrated from Arch to
Parabola, and the install.rdf shows a minimum version of 16.
Now that I installed Iceweasel 16, I see that the system-installed
LibreJS works fine.

Second: I have no idea about Conkeror. I'm looking into the
HTTPSEverywhere extension's install.rdf, which includes this section
that LibreJS lacks:

        <!-- Conkeror -->
        <em:targetApplication>
          <Description>
            <em:id>{a79fe89b-6662-4ff4-8e88-09950ad4dfde}</em:id>
            <em:minVersion>0.1</em:minVersion>
            <em:maxVersion>99.*</em:maxVersion>
          </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>

LibreJS only has a Firefox target. Perhaps this little bit of info
helps. I can't find any info on how to automatically add new target
applications during the build process.

Cheers,
Brandon