Re: [Help-librejs] Page never renders with LibreJS extension enabled

From: Loic J. Duros
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Page never renders with LibreJS extension enabled
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 06:04:04 -0500

mark burdett <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I am using LibreJS 4.9 and Firefox 16.0.2
>
> I made a test page here which should reproduce the issue:
> https://www.eff.org/test/EFF.html
>
> --mark B.

Mark:

Thanks for taking the time to create the test pages. The issue is that
LibreJS expects a third column that will contain a link to the
source. It actually never checks the sources are valid but expects the
column to be there in the rows, as you can see in the docs:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/javascript-labels.html

That's a bug because it should be able to either fail silently (without
blocking the loading of the page) or it should accept it. I made a patch
for version 4.9.1 to accept the web label regardless of whether the
source column is present or not, and your page now works fine with it.

With version 4.9, you could bypass the issue by adding this at the end of
   each <tr>:
or whatever you like in the text, and it should load properly.

This page will load:
http://lduros.net/assets/librejs/tests/eff-test/LibreJS.html

But the original doesn't:
https://www.eff.org/test/LibreJS.html

I'll push version 4.9.1 either today or tomorrow anyway so that this
issue doesn't reoccur with someone else.

Unrelated: You seem to be using Drupal for this website. Have you found
a way to dynamically update the list of JavaScript files according to
the new random names generated for the JavaScript files? This is
something that's been on my list for a long time.

Thanks again for your help spotting this bug!

Loic