Re: [Help-librejs] About licensing js file under GPL

From: Loic J. Duros
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] About licensing js file under GPL
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:54:38 -0500

On 12/04/2012 05:35 AM, Арсений Лозицкий wrote:
Good day!

I'm going to release my jquery plug-in under GPL and I don't understand what I should do with the next line(comment for separate js):

 * Copyright (C) 2012  Loic J. Duros

Is this is a copyright for a JavaScript file or it's the copyright of a person who wrote license text for comment? So should I replace it with my own name or I should place my name somewhere else in that comment?

Hi,

Thanks for making the effort to properly release your plugin! Yes, since you are the author, the name should be yours, and it should display the years since it's been created by you.

Let me know if you have any other question! And please keep us posted when you have the new version uploaded so that we can add you to a list in the future! :-)