Re: [Help-librejs] LibreJS - assistance with indiegogo?

From: Ryan White
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] LibreJS - assistance with indiegogo?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:17:12 +0200

Hi Loic and everyone

I had a look at IndieGogo:
-> LibreJS pretty much blocks every script on all pages
-> This doesn't seem to be a problem much - I'm still able to browse and look at projects
-> Couldn't login with LibreJS enabled - but found https://www.indiegogo.com/accounts/sign_up seems to take care of that just fine.
-> Couldn't begin or complete the "contribute" cycle, which is the critical step

BUT - even if I tweak and hack around and get IndieGogo to work in a LibreJS compliant way (I'm open to suggestions for *how* to do this exactly) - they use PayPal for payments - and PP doesn't work when LibreJS is enabled.

So - any ideas on how one would override/augment the default working of IndieGogo? I'm thinking an add-on that hijacks key pages, but have never done that particularly. Other option is a bookmarklet, but this would require the user to press the "contribute in LibreJS friendly way" bookmarklet every time they'd want to get things done. And on every page in the process...

Also: Who talks to PayPal? They'd be a good crowd to get onboard, and it seems they "already are" (https://www.fsf.org/news/paypal). It could just be LibreJS not playing nicely with their systems, or they just need to get compliant. Maybe RMS or someone with a gnu.org email address should get in touch with them and see what's up?

I'll be getting up to speed with developing an add-on anyway, but without PP in the loop, it'd be a bit of a non starter.

Shout if you need to.
Thanks
Ryan