Re: [Help-librejs] Support Chromium

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Support Chromium
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:17:06 -0400

Hi Mateus,

This is a great question that I have thought about as well. A lot of the LibreJS code is very specific to Mozilla's Add-on SDK, and a Chromium version of LibreJS would be a large technical undertaking.

The GNU Maintainer's Guide doesn't mention anything about which web browsers should be supported:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Platforms.html#Platforms

Maybe someone else can chime in about the political implications / the intent that would signal, if we were to develop Chromium LibreJS.