Re: [Help-librejs] Make LibreJS friendlier for web developers

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Make LibreJS friendlier for web developers
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 20:40:52 -0500

Kuno Woudt <address@hidden> writes:

> https://github.com/warpr/jslich

That's great - I tried it out, and it looks like it's working.

> I realized
> later that perhaps I was trying to solve the wrong problem.  As a web
> developer I _know_ which javascript is included in the web application I
> am writing, so perhaps it is better to just have a tool which takes that
> information as input, instead of trying to figure it out with a headless
> browser.

This is valuable insight. I won't worry about creating headless browser
functionality yet. To begin, I'm going to make a command line tool that
just takes in a JavaScript file or HTML file and gives you some info
about it, like - does it have a web labels table? Does it have a magnet
link? What license is it under? etc.

The goal will be, as you mentioned, using this tool as a step in your
build process.