Re: [Help-librejs] LibreJS as a userscript?

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] LibreJS as a userscript?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:24:00 -0500

> Unfortunately though, I use uzbl rather than
> GNU Icecat/Iceweasel for other reasons and I thus can't install .xpi
> Mozilla addons.

I'm reading about uzbl -- It seems like uzbl-librejs integration will be
possible once we have a more general LibreJS javascript library.

> Have there been any attempts to make a LibreJS userscript
> yet?

I don't think LibreJS can be implemented as a userscript, because the
userscript wouldn't be able to prevent other JavaScript code from being
executed. I could be wrong, though -- I've never written a
userscript. From my understanding it's something that runs in the
browser's JavaScript environment as if it was coming from a web page.