Re: [Help-librejs] How to get it to work in PHP?

From: zach wick
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] How to get it to work in PHP?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 07:05:38 -0500

Hi there,
Hopefully I can help you out here and clear up some of your confusion.

If you just have general questions around how to free your _javascript_, I would suggest that you start at the top of the LibreJS guide [0].

If you are asking specifically about how to use _javascript_ Web Labels, then I would direct your attention to Step 3 of the guide that I've linked above.
As you can read there, the suggested way to use _javascript_ Web Labels is to have a separate HTML page that only contains an HTML table like the one that you included in your email.

Then, on any other page which loads your _javascript_ file(s), you simply need to an anchor tag (<a>) to your separate HTML page that contains your HTML table. This anchor tag should either have a `data-jslicense="1"` attribute on it so that LibreJS can efficiently find it.

There is example code snippets of all of this in the guide I've linked as well as much more complete explanations than what I've given here.

Your question was specifically about using _javascript_ Web Labels from PHP. I believe that what you are getting at is that your application uses PHP on the backend, and you want to free your front-end _javascript_. To do so, there is nothing extra you must do to your PHP code. You must simply add the required HTML markup.

I hope that this helps clear up your confusion, and if not, please do not hesitate to reach back out.
-zach

[0] https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-_javascript_.html