Re: [Help-librejs] Bundled JS files

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Bundled JS files
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 23:12:30 +0300

> Dear FSF,

I hope you would pardon me my attepmpt to answer despite I have no relationship
with FSF.

> Could you please recommend a way of placing license information in a JS
> file that contains minified versions of multiple free JS libraries that
> it passes LibreJS? It is a common way to bundle multiple libraries into
> a single file to minimise the number of HTTP requests and save HTTP
> overhead.

Does not section 7.1.1 of LibreJs Manual [0] cover that topic?

7.1.1 Specifying multiple licenses for a single JavaScript file

If you compile or concatenate your JavaScript into a single file, the source
files you’re combining may be released under different licenses. You can
specify multiple licenses for the file in a JavaScript Web Labels table, like
this:

                >GPL-3.0+</a>
                >Apache-2.0</a>

The <br /> tags just make the table more understandable when looking at the
rendered version of it on the license page. They aren’t required by LibreJS.

If all the licenses contained in the second column are recognized by LibreJS to
be free licenses, then LibreJS will allow the file in the first column to be
run.

[0]
https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/manual/html_node/Setting-Your-JavaScript-Free.html