Re: [Help-librejs] You can now register as a DMCA agent without using no

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] You can now register as a DMCA agent without using nonfree JavaScript
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:34:02 -0500

> Frankly, as a user, if I am paying to use a commercial web app, and
> 'LibreJS' or anything else starts blocking code because it is 'non-free' -
> I would immediately rip it out.

Hmm... I'm hard pressed to imagine this scenario.
What kind of "commercial web app" are you thinking of?
What do you mean by "use" (e.g. distribute from (or run on) your local
server to provide services to your customers/friends?  Or access as
a client?)

Usually people using LibreJS do really much care about the Freedom of
the Javascript code they download, so they presumably wouldn't want to
pay to use a proprietary web app, or they'd otherwise be making this
choice very consciously and hence wouldn't be surprised to see
LibreJS complain.

        Stefan