[Help-librejs] Problem (bug?) with license recognition by LibreJS

From: Axel Barquero
Subject: [Help-librejs] Problem (bug?) with license recognition by LibreJS
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:57:06 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have recently installed LibreJS. I have also recntly watched a
recorded conference of Mr Stallman asking to send tons of complaints
to webmasters when LibreJS detects a suspicious JS script.
And LibreJS happens to warn me that a non-free JS script would exist
on the following page:
https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html
(yes, ironically, it is a page about about freeing JS scripts)
The script would be:
https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/js/prettify/prettify.js
However, upon inspection of the beginning of the code, the license
information seem correct. The license should be Apache 2.0 and should
be reachable through a magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8e4f440f4c65981c5bf93c76d35135ba5064d8b7&dn=apache-2.0.txt
This link seems to be correct, at least it matches with the Apache 2.0
reference in the list of magnet links given on the the very page where
the problem occurs.

I hope you will be able to figure out where the problem comes from and
fix it. LibreJS is a good idea. I am looking forward to have it work
always better. Thank you in advance!

Yours faithfully,

Axel Barquero