LibreJS Per Site Enable/Disable

From: kirang
Subject: LibreJS Per Site Enable/Disable
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:27:23 +0800

Hi,

I'm emailing about a feature request for LibreJS - it would be useful
to have some kind of functionality to allow selectively disabling
LibreJS on a per-site basis.

In particular, rather than having to whitelist all the external
scripts that a particular site uses, it would be nice to just set an
option to disable LibreJS for a site, and then blanket allow any
external requests for that site.

My motivation is that there are certain non-free JS sites that I am
forced to use for work, but at the same time I don't want to whitelist
the external scripts these scripts use, because I don't want to run
these scripts on other pages.

I wouldn't mind implementing this myself if this is a feature that
would be welcomed to LibreJS, or is there some kind of ideological
reason why this would be bad?

This seemed like the most appropriate place to post this request,
apologies if it was the wrong venue.

Thanks,
Kiran.