AW: Re: LibreJS Per Site Enable/Disable

From: Igor Zobin
Subject: AW: Re: LibreJS Per Site Enable/Disable
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 18:05:34 +0000

+1, this would be THE feature for me. I'd like to have libreJS enabled all the
time, but as it stands, the plugin itself must be disabled each time I need to
access a website that depends on non-free javaScript. In practice, I end up
having libreJS disabled 90% of the time, because I forget to turn it back on
again.

Whitelisting each and every script is tedious and really non-sensical.
Exceptions must be made on a per-domain basis. Users can make exceptions for
scripts if they read them and conclude they are trivial enough or in general
non-malicious. That's good. But when I am forced to access a website with
non-free javaScript, I don't want to read their code and confirm it's OK to run
for me, I need it to run, no matter what it is. Not because I trust the
scripts, but because I need to make an exception for this specific site.

So, bottomline, it must be possible to make exceptions on a per-domain basis,
not only a per-script basis.