Re: Add support to some Creative Commons licenses (e.g. Stack Overflow s

From: Valerio Bozzolan
Subject: Re: Add support to some Creative Commons licenses (e.g. Stack Overflow support)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 08:42:37 +0100

Hi Fred,

Yep it's confusing but amazing!

An artwork or a piece of text in CC BY-SA can be safetely used inside a GNU GPL
program and shared as a whole GNU GPL program (relicensed as GNU GPL). The
reverse it's not possible.

This is very common in fully-free videogames (e.g. 0ad, SuperTuxKart, ...)
released just under GNU GPL.

More resources:

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#CC0

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#ccby

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#ccbysa (4.0)

We just have to ignore all the other Creative Commons licenses that are
absolutely non-free. Like ND, NC and combinations of them.

Thank you again for your work in LibreJS!

-boz

--
Valerio Bozzolan

Try F-Droid and K-9 mail,