Re: Spaces not allowed in human readable string

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Spaces not allowed in human readable string
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 21:18:07 +1000

On Wed 2022-02-02 20:13:12 +1100, Yuchen Pei wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 24 2021, Valerio Bozzolan via wrote:
>
>> Hello LibreJS developers!
>>
>> I'm reading this page:
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html
>>
>> And I've seen this phrase:
>>
>>   «the human readable string does not require a specific formatting»
>>
>> At the moment this phrase is not correct, since AFAIK the human
>> readable string does *not* allow spaces.
>>
>> Try it yourself with this problematic version:
>>
>> <script>
>> // @license magnet:blabla BSD 3 clause
>> // @license-end
>> </script>
>>
>> VS this corrected version:
>>
>> <script>
>> // @license magnet:blabla BSD-3-clause
>> ... very long code
>> // @license-end
>> </script>
>>
>> IMVHO this is a bug, but, if it's by design, please update the
>> documentation to say that the human readable license should not have
>> any space.
>>
>> BTW I think this is a bug since the example itself contains spaces:
>>
>>    [human readable name of the license]
>
> Thanks for the report - I also remember having some problem like this
> before and I'm looking into it.

Sorry for the delay.  I took a look and it does seem to be a bug.  I
made a commit at
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/librejs.git/commit/?h=dev&id=da35a6f61260d35ca1b4f59bd660884526e16b6e>
to fix it, but will need to test more to ensure there's no regression
before making a release with this change.  Another pair of eyes would
also be helpful!

>> -boz
>

> Best,
> Yuchen

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>