Re: Question - LibreJS + Google Services Works

From: 170 . soej54
Subject: Re: Question - LibreJS + Google Services Works
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:20:44 +0200

> > The browser you’re using doesn’t support JavaScript, or has
> > JavaScript turned off.
>
> i can log into gmail only if i disable librejs - then if i re-enable
> it, it will
> continue working with some scripts blocked

It is good to switch to respectful companies: we can always change an
email provider. Using Google over time makes the Alphabet company
bigger. It makes the Alphabet company having more and more
control/power over time. Who gets data gets power.

If "_it is not possible_" to change the email provider because the
employer wants it that way [*], it is also our role to advocate within
companies why using such tools is anti-democratic: yes, analysis of
people, analysis of citizen data is the opposible of a free and open
society.

[*]: employer saying "_it is not possible to change_" is not really an
argument, but more stonewalling

[**]: free software should not adapt themselves to proprietary
software/companies but proprietary software/companies should adapt
themselves to free software