help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Music in Liquidwar 6

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Music in Liquidwar 6
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:38:46 +0200

Tim Chadburn a écrit :
> A few thoughts I've had on music in Liquidwar 6.
>
> It says in the .plan that you've considered using
> Csound for the music. This and other things makes it
> seem like the final format of music in LW6 will
> probably be Ogg Vorbis. That would open the music to
> nearly any method of production.
Yeah, of course, using Ogg Vorbis is a nice option. No matter how people
generate music, it can be rendered 8-) The only issue with it is the
size of the files (can considerably increase the size of a package).

But... I (and most players) will prefer 2Mb songs than no songs at all 8-)

> A possibility would be to wire the better of the
> existing midis through Csound instruments.
Well, the idea with Csound was:
1) I'm interested in it so there's a chance that "some day" I get the
energy & time to get something out of it
2) composing with Csound is very close from programming, things like
changing the music when there's a fierce fight, adding instruments when
new players come in, can be possible. And that's cool.
3) as with .MOD and midi files, it's very lightweight.

> Also, I've
> recorded various music recently, which wasn't written
> or recorded for the purpose of LW or any other game,
> but which for all I know you might find works in LW.
> It's on the web in OGG at
> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chadburnfamily , and it's Creative
> Commons-licensed. Third possibility is to actually
> make new music, but don't hold your breath!
Well well well, I'm just, at this very moment, listening to them. No I'm
not just listening, I'm enjoying them ;-)

Thanks and have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___