help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Questions about graphic

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Questions about graphic
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:01:17 +0100

> 2006/10/30, Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, October 27, 2006 5:48 pm, Kasper Hviid said:
> > It would be nice with a feature to let the levels overlap themself. It
> > could bring some dimension to 2D maps. Here is a sketch to show what I
> > had in mind:
> > http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6692/loopnd1.png
> >
> > However, it might be too cucumbersome to create.
> Mmm, technically, it could be done. Won't be my top most priority, since
> it won't be immediate either. Maybe a compromise, a workarround to
> implement that would be to rely on some form of "gate", I mean some pixels
> on the map that would be somehow connected, ignoring the fact that they
> are "far" in terms of absolute distance. This "teleport" feature could be
> used to implement something that is very close to what you have sketched,
> without requiring to have 2 different layers.

A genious hack - a teleport would also be fun in itself! But I don't know
how easy it would be to create a teleport, with downsizing of images and all..

Colors will change according to what light they are viewed in. Red will look different in bright sunlight, in moonlight or under water. It might be a good idea to let the level designer decide how each warriors color should look on his levels. Something like this:
<string key="warrior-red" value="b8453e" /> (Hex color value)

Enough talk! Here is some new levels. (I like "Artland" most.)

www.childrenoftheparents.com/kaspers_stuff/rust.zip
www.childrenoftheparents.com/kaspers_stuff/peace.zip
www.childrenoftheparents.com/kaspers_stuff/fmos.zip
www.childrenoftheparents.com/kaspers_stuff/artland.zip