help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] 0.0.6beta

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] 0.0.6beta
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:31:47 +0100 (CET)

OK, the binaries don't work, not very surprising -> they were generated on
lenny (testing).

I suspect your problem is that the gfx backend isn't compiled at all. LW6
will still allow compilation (imagine the case of someone willing to do
only server stuff, sounds weird but could happen) but obviously, game
won't run. What's the output of:

liquidwar6 --modules

Check for SDL related messages when runnning ./configure, is everything here?

Try and install:

libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
libsdl1.2-dev

> As for the game itself, firstly, it looks about 100 times better than
>  LW5. I personally don't mind the unrestricted mouse control as I find it
> makes maps with tight gaps less frustrating, although I don't know how
> multiplayer fairness will be solved. I applaud the screen-wrapping and
> multiple layers: these also help to keep the game flowing.

Cool, glad you like it!

Have a nice day,

Christian.

PS: I still have your songs, will include them some day, but I must admit
it's not yet on top of my TODO list. Thanks for your feedback and
contribution.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/