help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Custom controller

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Custom controller
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:59:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, December 22, 2009 11:49 pm, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> I cannot get your suggestions for adding my liblo library to the makefiles
> working....
>
> What are my options - can I add it manually to the Makefile file in
> /lib/Makefile???
Probably but beware this file is big and not meant to be edited directly.
Plus your hack is then absolutely not portable for it relies on a given
Makefile, and Makefile is different on possibly any platform. That's the
way autotools work.

> If so - what would I add if my library was in src/lib/liblo and was called
> liblo.a and liblo.la
No real idea.

Have you tried to regenerate Makefile.in from Makefile.am on a GNU/Linux
box and then run ./configure (which only takes the .in and generates
Makefile) on your Windows box? The idea is than the .am -> .in conversion
depends on the logical dependencies of the program itselft, so the .in is
to some extent universal and platform independant while the .in -> real
Makefile conversion is just about adapting Makefile.in to your current
configuration needs, so it's contextualized. I've never ever tried to run
automake on Mingw32, I always run it on a real UNIX-like system then only
do the ./configure on peculiar platforms such as Mingw32.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://deca.ufoot.org ___ __/\__