Re: help

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: help
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:22:37 -0400

%% River YU <address@hidden> writes:

  ry>   I want to compile source files by using gnumake 3.79.3.

There is no official GNU make version 3.79.3; the latest is 3.79.1.  You
may be using a Cygnus-specific version of GNU make; in that case you
might want to check with those folks.

Anyway, your makefile looks OK to me, so my only guess is that the case
of your files is not correct.  On Windows, case matters in some
instances and not in others; I don't know much about Windows so I don't
know the details.  But, if your file is really named "cmdline.f" instead
of "cmdline.F", it might be that make can't match it to the pattern
rule.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/