Re: trouble installing, can you help?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: trouble installing, can you help?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:37:49 -0400

%% address@hidden writes:

  b> "./make install"
  b> "sh: make: cannot execute"

Weird.  Try "ls -l make" and see what it says.

  b> I've got a SparcSTATION 5, Solaris 7, and I'm using GCC 2.95.2, since I
  b> don't have make

FYI, you _do_ have make.  You don't have a C compiler (bundled), but you
do have make, as, ar, ld, etc.  Look in /usr/ccs/bin.

  b> I run "./configure", then I run "sh build.sh", and it compiles
  b> nicely.  But when I try to run "./make install", it gives me the
  b> above error mentioned.

Very strange.  This should work (and works for me with the exact same
setup you have).

Please provide the version of GNU make you're using, and make sure your
version of GCC is built for your current version of Solaris.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/