Re: compilation of gmake on interix

From: Krzysztof Horecki
Subject: Re: compilation of gmake on interix
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:34:45 +0200

> I doubt that you can build make like this.  If you do want to do it this
> way rather than the "normal" Windows builds, I think you'll have to set
> the value NO_ARCHIVES (either use "make CFLAGS=-DNO_ARCHIVES" or set
> "#define NO_ARCHIVES 1" in config.h or similar), as your subsystem
> apparently doesn't have the ar.h header file necessary to support it.
>
> Is there some reason you don't want to use the normal Windows build
> (which does have archive support, I think, BTW)?

I think there is, we have a unix app which we run on posix subsystem
(Interix) on NT. What would be a better way to accomplish this?

Back to the makefile, Just to see what happens, I took ar.h from linux
and now it compiles much further up to the point where it fails later on
(see ps.).
Can I help it somehow?

Kilu

ps. output of make:

Making all in i18n
gcc -DALIASPATH=\"//C/Interix/usr/share/locale:.\"
-DLOCALEDIR=\"//C/Interix/usr/share/locale\"
-DLIBDIR=\"//C/Interix/usr/lib\"
-DINCLUDEDIR=\"//C/Interix/usr/include\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I./glob    -g -O2 -c gettext.c
gettext.c: In function `_nl_find_domain':
gettext.c:1509: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
gettext.c: In function `bindtextdomain__':
gettext.c:2252: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
gettext.c:2284: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
gettext.c:2300: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
gettext.c: In function `dgettext__':
gettext.c:2374: `LC_MESSAGES' undeclared (first use this function)
gettext.c:2374: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gettext.c:2374: for each function it appears in.)
gettext.c: In function `textdomain__':
gettext.c:2498: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1