Re: GNU Make enhansment patch - batching compiles

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU Make enhansment patch - batching compiles
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:23:01 -0400

%% "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:

  >> You left out one crucial rule: how is files_list built?

  ez> I thought about doing that from the rule which is normally used to
  ez> compile .java into .class.  Something like this:

  ez>    %.class : %.java
  ez>   echo '$< \\' >> files_list

This doesn't address the central problem I listed in my previous post:

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/