Re: install gnumake failed on win2000

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: install gnumake failed on win2000
Date: 05 May 2001 15:23:15 -0400

%% "Sean R." <address@hidden> writes:

  sr> I am trying to install gnumake on Window 2000. To
  sr> install R11i,it is required to install C++,
  sr> mkstoolkit, and gnumk. C++, mks are already installed.
  sr> When install gnumke, I received errors: allocal,
  sr> autoconf, automake, autoheader,makeinfo are missing.

These are not errors, they are notices.  It's perfectly OK to not have
these; you only need them if you're going to be modifying significant
parts of make code.

Second, you probably can't run the configure script on a Windows
platform; it's meant for a UNIX platform.

I suggest you examine the README.W32 file and follow those directions to
build GNU make on W2K.

If this doesn't help, please provide (a) the exact version of make
you're trying to build, and (b) the exact errors you are seeing (cut and
paste, please, not paraphrased).  This will greatly assist us in trying
to assist you.

Thanks!

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/