conversion from Solaris make

From: Terry Westley
Subject: conversion from Solaris make
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:39:38 -0400

What's the best way to convert a makefile from Solaris to GNU make?
I'm new to GNU make and am trying to work my way through all the error
messages when trying to use the Solaris makefile with GNU make on Win2000.
I'm using cygwin to handle all the shell and Unix utilities issues.

It'd be nice if there were a document somewhere that tells what features
available in Solaris are not available in GNU and how I would replace the
capability.

Most of the incompatibilities I've run into so far are not mentioned in the
"Incompatibilities" section of the GNU make version 3.79 (April 2000) manual.

--Terry Westley, address@hidden