Re: Dependencies

From: Jens Schweikhardt
Subject: Re: Dependencies
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:51:07 +0200

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 07:29:01AM +0000, Krzysztof Horecki wrote:
#
# Hi All
#
# I use make to compile .c files "directly" into library:
#
# OBJS = $(blabla ($SRCS))
# ($LIB): $(LIB)($OBJS)
#
# but I run into problems with dependencies of .c files. Ie. I define them
# like:
#
# asource1.o: asource1.c aheader1.h
#
# and the problem is that it compiles an asource1.o and leaves it in the
# directory. That's exactly what I don't want. On the other hand:
#
# asource.c: aheader1.h
#
# does not work out.
#
# Any ideas?

Declare the object files intermediate and they'll be removed:

.INTERMEDIATE: $(OBJS)

Regards,

        Jens
--