RE: remake of a makefile

From: Asperheim, Eric
Subject: RE: remake of a makefile
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:07:40 -0700

Kilu,

I'm not sure I can answer your question exactly. But, I was able to get
gmake to remake the Makefile. A simplified example is below. In your
example, I don't see a command to create the .mk file. Plus, I'm not sure
why you're trying to use a double-colon rule. From gmake doc on double colon
rules "... mechanism for cases in which the method used to update a target
differs depending on which prerequisite files cause the update, and such
cases are rare."

Makefile : <Makefile dependency>
        @ createMakefile <Makefile dependency>

On a non-gmake topic, my wife and I were in Murren, Switzerland a year ago.
We very much enjoyed Switzerland and hope to make it back some day when our
kids are older.

Eric