RE: Multiple target-dependent variable assignments

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: Multiple target-dependent variable assignments
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:29:29 -0400

%% Nestor Amaya <address@hidden> writes:

  na> My issue still remains however: Whether the variable A is declared
  na> to be recursive or simple, the following makefile still yields "a
  na> d" as a result, instead of the anticipated "a b c d" result.

  na> Shouldn't this work?

Yes, it should.  As I mentioned:

  pds> It turns out that there _is_ a bug in 3.79.1 WRT += (but :=
  pds> works); this has already been fixed in the source and will be
  pds> available in the next version.

I think I have a patch for this lying around if you want it.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/