Querry regarding running independent jobs parallely using GNU-MAKE utili

From: vinod gupta
Subject: Querry regarding running independent jobs parallely using GNU-MAKE utility.
Date: 24 Feb 2002 19:44:22 -0000

Hello,

I am Vinod working as a Software Engineer.
I am using Makefiles and I am having some questions related to the
implementation of parallelism in Makefile.
GNU-Make utility provides an option (-j num) for running independent
jobs/builds parallely on different CPU's of a machine specified by the argument
to the switch -j.
I wanted to know that, is there a feature in GNU-Make utility by which I can
fire independent jobs/builds parallely on different machines on a LAN.

I know that this feature is atleast present in the clearmake utility from
"Rational Software Corporation".

Let me know, if this feature is available with the gnu-make or if it can be
implemented into the gnu-make or if I can do something from my part to realize
this feature.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards,
Vinod