disappearing rule

From: Karen Paffendorf
Subject: disappearing rule
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:51:54 PDT

I have a rule in my makefile(s) that does not show up in the database.
Can you give me guidance in trying to find out why?

Even more disturbing is that it functions correctly when I build my
top level target from scratch, but not if I build certain intermediate
targets first. Still looking thru the logs on that aspect.

BTW. It seems to happen only around compiling generated C code.

I have been unable to reproduce the problem with a smaller simpler program.

Thanks for your time.

--
Karen Paffendorf                Hewlett-Packard Company
address@hidden          Business Critical Computing Division