Re: support for IA64 HP-UX

From: Martin Sebor
Subject: Re: support for IA64 HP-UX
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:12:15 -0600

Paul D. Smith wrote:
The version of autoconf used by the current release of GNU make has
problems in HP-UX 11.

You can get a pretest of the next release, which uses a newer automake,
here:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/make/

Thanks for the tip. It seems that the directory is now under gnu,
i.e., ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/make/.

The default cc on my platform doesn't work (I don't know if it's even
supposed to) but I was able to configure with CC=aCC ./configure.
Unfortunately, aCC on IPF is the C++ compiler and turning on -Ae to
use it in C mode gives errors both at configure time and, worse, at
build time. Note that this is HP-UX 11.22 on IA64 not HP-UX 11.xx
on PA-RISC. Is there any special setup I should follow for this
target?

Thanks again.
Martin