Re: [Fwd: error installing GNU make??]

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: [Fwd: error installing GNU make??]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:53:28 -0400

%% Yu Chen <address@hidden> writes:

  yc> Paul - Yes, I am on a mounted disk. But I donnn't think I can
  yc> ignore the errors, when I run "make install", I got similar
  yc> errors:

I don't see anything similar about these errors; these are completely
different.

  yc> sh: /usr/local/bin/install: not found

So, somehow the configure script when you ran it found
/usr/local/bin/install as a script to install files, but now that you
are running "make install" and it's trying to invoke that script, it's
not working: either it doesn't exist after all or it does exist but
cannot be invoked (maybe it's a #! script specifying a broken
interpreter).