Re: foreach/ordering help

From: Mark Therieau
Subject: Re: foreach/ordering help
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 18:32:24 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the tip, Paul.  I forgot to mention
that I had tried what you suggested (without the
semi-colon) and got: "`c.pfs' is up to date."
every time, even when it was re-built.

But, after noodling a little more, here's
something that seems to be working O.K.:

c.pfs:
        @$(shell rm -f $@) \
        $(foreach f,$(CSRCS),$(shell echo $(f) >> $@))
        @touch $@

I realize this is going to be pretty slow--I'd be
open to other ideas for sure.  A quesiton: is there
a function/facility from within gmake to dump a
variable's value directly to a file (without spawning
a shell)? That would really do the trick here.

regards,
markt