Re: (no subject)

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:43:56 -0500

%% "Rob Curtis" <address@hidden> writes:

  rc> Hi folks, I'm new to the list and too lazy to read through all the
  rc> documentation ;)

  rc> Can anyone tell me an easy way to get the makefile to tell GCC to
  rc> output the assembler code of the C program that I'm compiling?

This doesn't have anything to do with make, it has to do with GCC.

Go get your GCC documentation and find out what command line options you
need to use in order to do this.

Then set the CFLAGS variable to have those options.

Without more information about what your makefile looks like,
etc. that's the best we can do in terms of advice.

  rc> Will I have to build a separate make-binary and make-assembler
  rc> makefile?

No; I typically make different targets (so "make foo.lst" or whatever
generates an assembly listing file foo.lst for the source file foo.c (or
whatever)).