make -f $dir/Makefile clean

From: Allan Wind
Subject: make -f $dir/Makefile clean
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 02:13:52 -0500

Hello,

I have something along these lines in my Makefile:

clean:
        find . -name \*.o | xargs rm -f

which works fine when I do `make clean`, but `make -f $dir/Makefile`
work "better" than expected.  Is there a good way to find out what
directory the current make file is executing in (${CURDIR} does not work
of course and ${MAKEFILES} is empty in 3.79.1).  I noticed in the
archives that there is no way of getting the value of -f, but perhaps
there is a way of solving this problem in a correct and elegant way?

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
P.O. Box 2022