Re: Missing arguments to macros

From: Robert Mecklenburg
Subject: Re: Missing arguments to macros
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:46:30 -0700

PDS> [ concise and cogent disuccsion of the implementation omitted ]
PDS>
PDS> So.  The question is, would it be a good idea for an invocation
PDS> of call to "blank out" all the variables (by declaring that
PDS> variable with the empty value in the innermost scope before
PDS> expanding the function)?

If you're asking my opinion, then "yes".  It seems the $1...$n
variables form a very special case in variable creation, use, and
scope.  It would make sense to me to have the $(call) operation hide
from nested scopes the $n variables it creates.  How this hiding is
implemented is best decided by you.

Thanks!
--
Robert