Evaluate scripts/commands output before assignment + include directive

From: Kanna Potharlanka
Subject: Evaluate scripts/commands output before assignment + include directive
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:53:20 -0800

Hello All,
        I am trying to do the following in my Makefile.

BUILD_DIR = `current_tag`
include $BUILD_DIR/Makefile.inc

It seems that "current_tag" which is a shell command does not get evaluated before being assigned to BUILD_DIR. As a result make complains of not being able to find the file

$(BUILD_DIR)/Makefile.inc

Is there a way to acheive the above. Any workaround would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Kanna.
Sierra Logic Inc.