Re: error messages from including files

From: Arthur Davis
Subject: Re: error messages from including files
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:16:48 -0400

My concern was with the fact that -include does not fail if the file does not exist. In my case, the list of inlcuded files was generated by make as were the files themselves. Also, the rule to create the included files was a pattern rule. If any of that failed, the -include directive would not complain, that bit of functionality would be absent (in my case the specification of prerequisites), and no error would be given.