Macros and include?

From: timothy . llewellynn
Subject: Macros and include?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:12:47 +0200

Hi,

I have a small problem that I'm trying to solve. I'd like somehow to reduce
the following include statements in make to some sort of loop, e.g

MODDIR := submod1
include $(MODDIR)/module.mk

MODDIR := submod2
include $(MODDIR)/module.mk

Change to:

MODDIRS := submod1 submod2
Some sort of iteration of MODDIRS
{
MODDIR := ${dir}
include ${dir}/module.mk
}

Does anyone know how to do this, or if its possible?

The best I've been able to do is

INCMODS = submod1/module.mk submod2/module.mk ...
include $(INCMODS)

Thou this doesn't really help me, as each module.mk uses MODDIR to know
where the module was included from, is there an alternative way to find out
this information?

Thanks,
Tim