make on Solaris loading wrong libraries

From: Andrew Weiss
Subject: make on Solaris loading wrong libraries
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:49:27 -0700

   I am using the Solaris CC compiler in conjunction with GNU make, we have standardized our make on GNU. For some reason, when I build a shared library, links to the GNU libraries libgcc_s.so and libstdc++.so are also being created, so that when I create and run my dynamically linked executable, I get errors that the paths to these libraries cannot be found. These libraries should not even be linked in, Solaris CC has its own versions of these libraries (the later is libCrun.so). I see nothing in the make output that shows these libraries are being linked in, every compile case is using Solaris CC. Are there some hidden variables with default values that I need to change?

   Andrew Weiss