Targets which dont check for includes...

From: Jim Kogler
Subject: Targets which dont check for includes...
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:29:13 -0400

I have a makefile which keeps dependancies for the library source files in
an output directory, and I include them as a makefile dependancy:

-include $$($(1)_depfiles)

all the depfiles are in a seperate directory which is created when any
target is run.

I then have a target which removes those dependancies,

scour::
      $(RM) $$($(1)_depfiles) $(dep_dir)

but then when i run make scour, if those files, or directory ISNT there, i
dont want them to be built only to be removed...

Is there a way to check what target was specified? something like...

if target != scour
-include $$(1)_depfiles
endif

jim

--

Jim Kogler
Software Engineer

185 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, MA 02138
Voice: (617) 876-8085 x104, fax: (617) 876-9208